Field Applications Expert Scientist - Mass Spec (triple quad, Q-TOF)
Markets: University and Testing (Hemp and Pain Management) Labs are the majority of accounts.
Location: RTP area, Raleigh-NC, Durham-NC, Cary-NC
Territory: mostly VA, NC, SC (also KY, TN, WV)
Travel: 50% overnight
Compensation: DOE $100-110k + car + benefits, etc
Instrumentation: LCMS, GCMS, ICPMS
Our client is a leading manufacturer of a variety of analytical instruments including Chromatography Analyzer and Mass Spectrometers.
In support of Sales, before and after product delivery, this person will enthusiastically provide applications demonstration & support, data analysis, and technical education for innovative Mass Spec technology to customers in the territory. The key goal of this position is to partner with the sales organization and serve as the scientific/technical expert to help drive sales and provide support for new and existing customers in research settings.
- Provide scientific/technical consultation to customers to demonstrate value
- Deliver scientific/technical presentations for internal or customer facing events
- Lead hands-on product and software trainings in customer laboratories
- Provide remote and/or on-site troubleshooting assistance to customers
- Highly collaborative; personable; communicative; flexible; ambitious; punctual; ethical; enjoys teaching; patient
- Relevant Science Education (Chemistry, Biochemistry, etc): BSc +4yrs, MSc +2yrs or PhD +1yrs relevant post degree laboratory research experience
- Prefer 2+ years in a commensurate type FAS role working in a commercial organization
- Expertise in a variety of Mass Spec techniques including method development work with trip quads, MALDI-ToFs and other high-end MS systems.
To apply please upload your MS-Word formatted resume to this job posting and call and/or text Chris Avron 702-245-5195 for immediate follow-up.